Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankful

I contributed this layout to the Pinoyscrapbookers challenge blog.... checkout out other great takes on this week's challenge at http://www.pinoyscrapbookers.blogspot.com.

This has to be one of the fastest no brainer layout I have ever done! I just saw ORANGE and thought.. why dont I do FALL layout look,.. even if the photo isn't for that season specifically. In a way, it was sorta connected with the tree patterns on the papers --- since the theme of the layout was about family growing together....

Distressing is one of the techniques I am not so into, to be honest. In fact there isnt much of that in this layout. And so to follow the specs of the week, I had ink all the edges of the photos, elements and accents using the Stazon ink. I am not tearer too of pps -- just too heartbreaking! So to do the actual tearing I had ruled a line using a craft knife with ruler and then used that as my guide to tear. To distress further I used ink and Krylon gold leaving pen for a border on the center of my layout. Lastly I mounted it on top of another pattterned paper for more emphasis.


Journaling:
Thankful for my family... grow together in LOVE. I will always be thankful that as you boys were growing up, Mom and Dad were always there for you. We saw all your milestones and seen your learn so many things. One day, you will all grow up but never forget the love we all share....how we are all connected with the bond and love we all have for one another.. Its what will keep us together - even if DISTANCE may separate us...

Materials used:
DCWV Fall glitter pps, DCWV Cardstock

Embellishments:
MM button brads, Bling, DCWV/Carolees letter stickers, Stazon Timber brown, Krylon Gold leafing pen

Photo taken by Jeff Lopez Photography (ty Tito Jeff!)

No comments:

The Yaps strutting their stuff

Send your own ElfYourself eCards

my layouts

Scrapfest on Lifestyle shows" GOOD Finds