Saturday, December 29, 2007

Tales of the new Sydney driver

I have been driving heaps around here because my hubby is yet to take his driver's practical test And with my 3 months allowable driving time with Phil license, I am doing my best to better my skills and be more alert on the road. Sure I get smirks when my parking is not straight or I take longer to park but I told myself -- if it fits the line and I dont knock into anyone when I back up, its fine.

I prepared a few days for my Drivers knowledge test and thank God I passed. I wasnt worried about doing it again -- it was paying the fee each time you fail was the issue,... so I am thankful I swung a PASS on that particular test.

However as I left Patrick in the flat and walked down the kids to the car (yes I strap them all in their car seats and back up and lock the garage.) I was feeling quite great that day,..... till this thing happened.....

I take the same route to my mom's house from Pendle hill to Blacktown --- and suddenly -- I saw a furry dog ran in front of me,... no leash. Its illegal to have a dog run off like that -- but he was really running toward his home,.... I pressed the brakes but heard a loud thump,... my heart raced and the kids started saying -- "mom what happened?" My father's old BMW has front lower bumper -- fender is it called dunno? I think he hit that..... If I had crushed him with the wheel, I think I would have not seen him run of to his owner. I am just glad when I pressed the brakes with quick action, there was no car tailing me to hit my car's behind. I quickly parked to the kerbside and pressed on my hazard lights. I left my kids in the car -- as I spoke to the owner who seem too distraught to talk -- she was hugging her dog like you would a baby. My heart was racing too... I said sorry and did tell her I tried to stop and she made me feel better by saying it wasnt my fault bec he did run in front so swiftly towards my car. I am no dog lover but I asked her if there was anything I could do for them... she said nothing and walked into her house..... So I drove off........ I was in the speed limit too of 50 kph -- even less being a slow driver with my 3 boys in the back seat.

I am glad the experience didnt faze me much as I did my test and drove for my mom to shop for meats and grocery that day ,... thank god...

Here's hoping I get our new car nxt week -- I won't be in any accidents,... Lord pls. take care of me as I drive..... Bless the ppl on the road and grant me the alertness and safety of driving my children everyday....

wishing everyone a good new year everyone........
my kids so love the holidays with so many toys, cousins to play with,...

god bless you all and take care everyone esp with the fireworks !

1 comment:

Christine said...

Here's wishing more blessings upon you and your family in the new year!

The Yaps strutting their stuff

Send your own ElfYourself eCards

my layouts

Scrapfest on Lifestyle shows" GOOD Finds