Thursday, April 5, 2007

Happy Results !

umI am happy because after taking to heart a friend scrapper's advise 'do layouts that make you happy'.... I did it! I was able to produce layouts that gave me joy. No stress to find the right combination of scrap materials to use on my layout. And noting my layouts are very cost effective because most of the time I use one pattern paper's design...., I give life to papers that are say muted colors like this one from Basic Grey - Stella Ruby ' Tea with jane'. I resurect them to become alive 3d diecuts.. in the end they help shed light and color to my layouts. I am proud to say my cutting prowess can leave 3d diecuts on sale a run for their value/money!
Another thing now too, I really try to find pictures that inspire me.. they may not be as crisp or better termed as 'wow' pictures but they are photos that mean something to me. It also helps me to journal better because things I want to write down or remember -- the words just seem to flow without any stress or pressure..
I am so happy that these BG papers Honey of Buzy Bee gave to me, I was able to do justice to it... and I am not ashamed to say this is my best work to date....My newest layouts are so ME, and it has journalling that I want to remember... It has the same paper tole dimension that I love to do ......I think I am deadset on using this as my formula for making layouts that I know I will be happy about.. I am glad I have this mindset now...Scrapbooking needs to be created for artistry, for enjoyemnt, for pleasure and for remembering beautiful memories,... I think I am going to stick that now.. because if I become as prolific in turning over layouts as much as I have the past days -- then sooner or later -- i can fill up the 3 albums I just ordered online.. I was really super inspired to do this layout because its a first decent family picture we had in years... Our family is spread out in Singapore, Sydney and Sta Rosa... so when we got together for moms 60th surprise bday bash in OZ,.. It was a happy time for the family,.. pity the Yap boys were left in Roxas city.... Best of all my mom will really be so happy to see this beautiful creation!

Materials Used:
Stella Rubys' Tea with Jane, Morning on the heath, Chestnut Roan Chalk ink, Scrapbook Adhesives 3d foam. Ek Success Corner Adorner, Sizzix Funky Brush diecuts for ttitle, Bazzill Chocolate Cardstock, Derivan Kindy glitz (from OZ)

No comments:

The Yaps strutting their stuff

Send your own ElfYourself eCards

my layouts

Scrapfest on Lifestyle shows" GOOD Finds