Wednesday, November 5, 2008

this is today....

Being a mother never came with an instructional manual,... had their been one -- i think Oprah wil be first to endorse it and recommend to every mom on this earth... I just came from the doctors's office (3 boyd down with a virus) and they had asked me (for the nth time) if my kids Jacob and Jerome were twins. And again I had explained they were not twins but 11 months apart....
And of course they saw my children as they made a spectacle of themselves while we had waited.. they made a little chuckle and said " I must have my hands full with the 3 rugrats "... I had answered, yes of course especially now that the 3 are home and sick with fever and a bad throat.... I have had sleepless nights since Sunday as each boy came down with this bug going around my house.. Its a natural course that one by one they will get sick. Patrick said its was inevitable -- we all slept in one room of our 2 bedroom unit... its just a matter of time.. So yes today they are all running on low batt because of the fever and on antibiotics and panadol......
I am running on low batt myself -- nursing bad cold and a heavy head -- mahirap masarap talaga to be a mom,.... You want to rest but you cant.. I am just thankful my hubby is so helpful and no matter what I need -- he just does his best to support me and help me.. My hubby even had taken over the laundry.. During the winter I told him that my hands froze up and I couldnt be scrapbooking for long if my hands get athritis so -- by default he took over.... For now I have not even taken the job back --- he does it religiously and am always stuck with folding and fixing the wardrobe...among everything else in daily domesticity,.....
Oh I remembered to share with you guys, a moment I had had last OCT 27 when Jorel was being assessed at the Childrens Hospital.... The center also catered for different theraphys. As a mother I was so touched to see other children there -- some with physical disabilities that inhibit them to carry on normal lives. It was a far cry from my complaints when I let loose Jorel -- who is such an active 3 year old. I guess now I cant complain when he runs off and giggles so beautifully when I finally catch up with him. This cheeky nature was great reminder that I am still extra luckier to have had my son Jorel -- despite his delays -- he eats sleeps, runs, plays and giggles like every child his age... I have to really be thankful with what he can do and not be deterred by what he cant do just yet....... its because he can and he can eventually speak and do everything I want him to do -- its just a matter of time...i just need to more patient I guess....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I salute you and Patrick. I know it's not easy. My 3 kids are also sick, pati yaya nila. It's really difficult. I'm actually thinking paano na pag natuloy kami mag-migrate dyan tapos magkasabay-sabay ulit sila magkasakit.

Mia Castrillo said...

Yes, so much to be thankful for! God knows what we can and cannot do and He sends us little challenges so we can rest and rely on Him. Kisses to my dear inaanak. And God bless Pat for being a great partner to you. Hugs to you!

The Yaps strutting their stuff

Send your own ElfYourself eCards

my layouts

Scrapfest on Lifestyle shows" GOOD Finds