Friday, March 28, 2008

on a roll YEAH!

You can't begin to imagine my extreme happiness of just being able to create no holds barred. For everything that I have experienced for the past months(extreme domesticity) - its just a sigh of relief I am able to make the kind of layouts that I like.. To be able to scrap, to have the time to do what I love most, preserving my family's memories,.. yeah ppl may think its so motherly, its a lame hobby -- heck -- i really dont give damn -- i love this hobby and its been this way for 6 years now!

Some of my lo's are a hit and miss but some I really love - hang on ! I love them all -- old style, multi photo, 1 page lo's, color blocking, hip layots, bright or muted-- as long as there is some fine cutting I can sink my teeth into --- I am totally over the moon. Some of my friends asked what i get from fine cutting my own 3d embellishments. Well lets just say if one is addicted to coffee and it gives them a rush or a a high then -- then thats where I get my own fix. Au, my friend, once asked me do I really make gigil the paper that if I dont slice it as thin -- would i be satisfied?.. Yes and no -- some lo's dont need fine precision cutting but some just scream at me. And its the way I choose papers. Crazy but true !
Should scrapbooking never invented anything else but paper to work with -- then I can still do a page with different 3d elements on it - the magic of scissors, craft knife and craft matt. I just realised I am a paper lover, bec I cant throw anything ,I need to utilize at least 80% of a page for either one or 2 layouts -- sayang eh !
Here are more layouts to share :

Title: Best of friends
Materials: American Crafts/DCWV pps, burlap, 6 diff ribbons, Fancy pants chibpoard, DCWV frills, assorted buttons, Kaisercraft felt/bling, K & co rubons, Bazzill cs

I have been wanting to scrap this photo for the longest time. It is indeed a special photo bec it was the first TV interview by ANC. It was a highlight for the Scrappin MOMS because it was the beggining of many developments for our group. Our success to have scrapbooking more mainstream began after this interview and we have never looked back. It is a great shot of Mia, April and I. Dont we all look very pretty and very happy. Note: we felt like celebs bec like any guests, we had our own dressing room had our hair and make up done too,... A few minutes of fame,... hehheheheh


Title: My simple wishes
Materials: MME pp, DCWV cs, blings, metal flowers, k &co stickers, alpha stickers, DCWV felt letters and butterflies.

I have been going crazy over Jerome's pics -- he is such a cutey and loves to be photographed. I have collected MME and this other brand that faces me with orange texts for a while awhile now and how timely bec the colors just swak to a T!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work as always Jo!

It's also so amazing to read about your passion for this GREAT hobby! I share your passion , just in different areas of it! I just don't do as much die cutting as you... Hee hee

I feel very fortunate to work with you at SWV, and am soooo looking forward to what this year will bring!

Mia Castrillo said...

Jo, love how you made our picture. I still haven't scrapped mine. Will do so soon na din. :-) Love you, dear! Miss you lots!

Christine said...

WTG girl!!! i'm glad you're able to scrap amidst all the 'chaos' =)

Au Lim said...

grabe! sinasaniban ka na naman nga muses mo no! daming new LOs and all so nice! :-D

The Yaps strutting their stuff

Send your own ElfYourself eCards

my layouts

Scrapfest on Lifestyle shows" GOOD Finds